We are honoured to report that, for a second year in a row, Condo Adviser was recognized with a Clawbie Award. Clawbies are the Canadian Law Blog Awards recognizing the best in the Canadian legal blogosphere. These awards are handed out every New Year’s Eve since 2006.
This year, we received the brand new Best Niche Blog Award. Our award recognition reads:
There are now so many Canadian blogs devoted to narrow or specialized topics that we decided it was high time to give the Niche Blog its own award category. The blog of the Condominium Law Group at Gowling WLG takes home the inaugural Niche Blog Clawbie for its insightful and frequent posts and its eye-catching unique design.
This is a great honour for us, considering that there are more than 485 Canadian law blogs and podcasts out there. Clawbies described the Canadian legal blogging community as follows:
The overwhelming majority of all Canadian law blogs, are constructive, enlightening, and forward-thinking. The conversations that take place among lawyers in blog comments sections and in cross-referenced posts, even when disagreements arise, are respectful and fair. And the consistent theme of the content posted in these blogs is the ongoing journey towards a better, more effective, and more inclusive legal system for all residents of Canada. That’s a unifying goal if ever there was one.
We are proud to form part of such a vibrant community!
As usual, the list of nominees, runner ups and winners is impressive! We give a special “shout out” to our fellow bloggers from Ottawa who also received a Clawbie this year:
- McElroy Law blog for Best Practitioner Blog Award;
- Robeside Assistance for Best Law Library Blog Award (and amazing blog name);
- National Security Law for Best Law School/Law Professor Blog Award;
- The Docket for the Best Podcast/Vlog Award; and
- Special shout out to Michael Geist who was inducted in the new Clawbies Hall of Fame! This recognition is bestowed on bloggers having received 3 Clawbies (or more).
Many thanks to those who nominated us and, as importantly, many thanks to our readers!
We are tackling the new year with two new pages on our blog:
- In the news: Here, you will find a list of the various prizes, publications and interviews involving us.
- Our cases: Here, you will find a list of the important condo cases we have argued recently.
Happy New Year to all of our readers !