Are you still struggling with the various condo forms? We keep hearing that some of them are confusing and difficult to complete. Many of these forms also continue to be fillable online only if you use Internet Explorer. And don’t get us started on the proxy…
Don’t despair, there may be light at the end of the tunnel.
The Ministry of Government and Consumer Services is considering delegating to the CAO the creation and administration of 19 of the most used condo forms. This proposal, if it comes to pass, would provide easier access and usability of these forms and, hopefully, would result in improved forms. It would also allow for more timely changes and improvements to these forms.
The forms to be delegated to the CAO would include:
- All Information Certificates (including the Periodic, the Update and the New Owner one);
- Notices of meetings, including the preliminary and the general notice and the form to submit material to be included in the notice of meeting;
- Agreement to receive Notices electronically and Notice of online posting of Info Certificate;
- The proxy form (yay!!)
- Forms related to Request for Records (including the request, the waiver and the board’s response); and,
- The Status Certificate (I hope this means they will develop a fillable one).
These forms would be delegated to the CAO as early as January 1st, 2020. Two more forms would be delegated to the CAO on July 1st, 2020:
- The notice of future funding to the Reserve Fund;
- Summary of lease or renewal.
Anyone wishing to comment on this proposal must do so by no later than September 30, 2019. You can read more on this by clicking here.
We will continue to provide our readers with the most up to date set of forms (both fillable and printable). You can download the most used condo forms by clicking on the “Form” tab of our blog.