Episode 1: Declaration of Emergency
March 18, 2020
The new 3 “P’s”: Prepare to avoid Panic over the Pandemic
As a result of the coronavirus outbreak, schools, museums and other public venues are proactively being shut down. Similarly, employers are encouraging their staff to work remotely. As a result of this, nearly 1.5 million Ontarians are pushed back home to their condo communities. The challenge is that, by definition, condo living results in occupants from all walks of life sharing common amenities and facilities, in an increased density setting. The social distancing we are hoping to achieve in public spaces may now be compromised at home.
- What is the Coronavirus and how is it spreading?
- What can condos do to prepare and minimise its spread?
- What are the legal risks for condos?
- How to reassure owners?
- How to reassure employees?
- How to do business differently?
- To adjourn or not to adjourn the AGM
- Sandy Foulds (Wilson Blanchard Management)
- Katherine Gow (ACMO)
- Rod Escayola / Graeme MacPherson (Gowling WLG)
- Denise Lash (Community Association Institute (Canada) /Lash Condo Law)
- Jason Reid (National Life Safety Group)