Episode 3 – “Safety, Security and Ongoing Capital Projects”
April 1st, 2020
- Status Update: including from various regulatory bodies
- Federal Invoking the Quarantine Act: Impact on condos
- Safety and Security: inspection, maintenance and long term planning
- Capital projects: scheduling or postponing work and securing contractors/resources
The National Life Safety Group has accepted to release for public use this indispensable “Safety & Security Tracking Planner“ to support our communities’ response to COVID19. This tool, which focuses on fire, safety and emergency management in condos, provides managers and directors with a step-by-step plan to ensure the safety and security of the community. Jason Reid will explain how it works and walk you through it. This is not to be missed!
Keller Engineering will discuss how to tackle ongoing and scheduled capital projects amid the current uncertainty. What can you postpone? What should go ahead? And what to expect when the sun comes back out again. Justin Tudor will also discuss ongoing RFS and how to finance the RF in these troubled times.
Katherine Gow and Sandy Foulds will give practical tips on how to deal with all of these moving parts from the management’s perspective.
Denise Lash, Graeme Macpherson, David Plotkin and Rod Escayola will help you navigate through the legalities of these new realities.
- Sandy Foulds (Wilson Blanchard Management)
- Katherine Gow (ACMO)
- Rod Escayola (Gowling WLG)
- Denise Lash (Community Association Institute (Canada) /Lash Condo Law)
- Graeme MacPherson (Gowling WLG)
- David Plotkin (Gowling WLG)
- Jason Reid (National Life Safety Group)
- Justin Tudor (Keller Engineering)