Ontario is looking at permanently enabling virtual meetings, e-voting and email notification to owners. Most of you have already experienced these but have you ever turned your mind to any privacy issues raised by this new way of doing business? We’ve been swamped with questions.
Our panelists tackled the following topics:
- Can condo corporations provide owner information to third party providers?
- What privacy legislation apply to CondoLand?
- Does PIPEDA apply?
- Does the Anti-Spam Legislation apply?
- Must owners first provide their consent?
- Can owners opt out of email notification?
- Should management/corporation get a sneak peak of electoral results?
- Are owners entitled to know the breakdown of electoral results?
- Hear more about brand new telephone voting
The Gowling crew:
- Rod Escayola (Gowling WLG)
- Graeme MacPherson (Gowling WLG)
- David Plotkin (Gowling WLG)
- Adam Arcuri (CondoVoter)
- Sean Cornish (Apollo Property Management)
- Katherine Gow (Crossbridge – ACMO)
- Denise Lash (Lash Condo Law – CAI Canada)
- Jason Reid (National Life Safety Group)
- Josée Deslongchamps (DES Services)