Noise complaints in condos are amongst the most difficult cases to deal with. Noise is highly disruptive and can be debilitating. At the same time, the perception of noise is highly subjective. While condo owners are entitled to live in a nuisance free environment, they are not entitled to complete quietness. To make matters worse, the source of the noise or the cause for its propagation is not always easy to locate.
This webinar tackled this topic with the help of an acoustical engineer!
- What is noise and how does it travel
- Different types of noise
- How to locate the cause of noise propagation
- Noise testing
- Noise complaints between neighbours
- Noise arising from common elements
- Corporations obligations vis a vis noise
- Noise at the Condo Tribunal
The Gowling crew:
- Rod Escayola (Gowling WLG)
- Graeme MacPherson (Gowling WLG)
- David Plotkin (Gowling WLG)
- Martin Villeneuve (Acoustical Engineer with Englobe)
This webinar was recorded on November 2, 2022