In this episode, your favourite #CondoGeeks are taking a Deep Dive on Condo By-Laws.
Topic: Deep Dive on Condo By-Laws
- What by-laws do?
- What by-laws don’t do?
- Purpose and workings of most common by-laws:
- Operating by-laws
- Standard Unit by-laws
- Insurance deductible by-laws
- Borrowing by-laws
- Easement and leases of common elements
- Electronic by-laws
- What goes in a good by-law?
- How are by-laws adopted?
- Resolution of the board
- Circulation to owners
- Owners meeting
- What majority is required to pass?
- Registration of by-law
- How to hold a successful owners’ meeting to vote on it?
- Information session
- Good communication strategy
- Gathering and presenting information
The Gowling crew:
- Rod Escayola (Gowling WLG)
- Graeme MacPherson (Gowling WLG)
- David Plotkin (Gowling WLG)
- Sean Cornish (Apollo Property Management)
- Katherine Gow (Crossbridge – ACMO)
- Josh Milgrom (Lash Condo Law – CAI Canada)
- Josée Deslongchamps (DES Services)