Cohabitation between owners occupying their units, those leasing them out and tenants is not always easy. As a result, there has been an increasing number of condo cases involving tenants. What most of these cases bring to light is the overlapping but conflicting legislation regulating condos and that regulating tenancies. Are there different classes of citizens in CondoLand? Join us and found out!
- When: Wednesday March 1, 2022 at 5pm
- Registration link: Click here to register
Our panel will cover:
- Landlord’s obligations
- Tenant’s rights and obligations
- Condo’s obligations
- Enforcement involving tenants
- Which court to go to: Superior court, Condo Tribunal or landlord and tenant board
- Mandatory information to be provided about tenants
- Short-term rentals
- Can tenants attend AGMs?
- Can tenants seek condo records?
- Can tenants commence a CAT application?
- Termination of leases and eviction
- Recent cases
- And more…
Speakers (We are still working on this)
The Gowling crew:
- Rod Escayola (Gowling WLG)
- Graeme MacPherson (Gowling WLG)
- David Plotkin (Gowling WLG)
- Debbie MacEwen (Condo Management Group)
Registration link: Click here to register