Condo Rules are likely the most common source of friction and dispute between condo corporations, owners and neighbours. People love to hate them but are happy to have them when a neighbour doesn’t play by the… rules. A necessary evil that facilitate common and community living.
Take a Deep Dive on condo rules!
- What are rules? What do they do and what they don’t do?
- Rules vs. policies
- How to adopt rules?
- From drafting to adoption
- When are rules put to a vote and what majority is required for them to pass?
- Can owners call a meeting to revoke an old rule?
- Enforcing rules
- Step by step
- Adapting to COVID times
- When to charge back
- Accommodating Human Rights
The Gowling crew:
- Rod Escayola (Gowling WLG)
- Graeme MacPherson (Gowling WLG)
- David Plotkin (Gowling WLG)
- John Damaren (FirstService Residential)
- Debbie MacEwen (CMG Management)
- Natalia Polis (Lash Condo Law)
Watch on demand
- You can watch the webinar here
- Here are the Powerpoint slides used during the presentation
- Here is the chat between attendees