– -Please note that the deadline to apply for a condo management licence has been pushed back to March 30, 2018. – –
Mandatory licensing of condo managers has been ongoing for a few weeks now and the deadline to get your licence is looming. Have you figured out yet which licence is right for you? Fear not, we have developed an easy-to-use flow chart to help you with this decision and with the process to be followed.
Deadlines to apply for a condo licence
As you all know by now, the Condo Management Regulatory Authority of Ontario (the CMRAO) has begun licensing condo managers. All managers have 90 days to apply for their licence, after which it will be illegal to provide condo management services without a licence.
Below are important deadlines.
- November 1, 2017: The CMRAO opened its portal to receive licence applications;
- January 29, 2018: Is the last day to apply for a manager’s licence;
- January 30, 2018: From this date forward, it will be illegal to provide condo management services without a licence or without having applied for one.
Types of licences available
Individual condo managers can apply for one of the three following licence.
- General Licence
- Transitional General Licence
- Limited Licence
Which licence is the right one for me?
The type of licence available to you depends on your experience providing condo management and on whether you have completed the educational requirements.
Here’s an easy-to-use chart to help you figure it out. Click on the chart to see a bigger pdf version of it.